4.04.2014

For my future self to read when I'm bluuuuue

Well this is for sure a record. It's been like 3 weeks! maybe I'm over blogging. or maybe I have nothing to write about cause my life is just like, family, work, and being horrible at art so maybe one day I can be good. eh?

I'm reminded daily of how much Heavenly Father loves me, because of how perfectly everything in my life is falling into place. I mean, yeah, the cancer mom thing is just foolish, but there are other things to be happy about.

I've learned that that cliche, make your own happiness and all that jazz, WILL WORK IF YOU LET IT. like, you know, that overused but great, "Happiness can be found in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light"... well with a family member going through chemo, you don't have a choice in the matter. you better walk your butt over to that light switch and turn on the damn light, cause sitting around crying won't do a bit of good. I mean, you can cry sometimes. you SHOULD cry, cause it's a dumb idea to bottle it up. but you also just gotta think positive, even if things suck.

I know we probably haven't even gotten to the sucky part yet, but I have a good feeling we are going to make it through juuuust fine. let's talk about another sentence of wisdom, "Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy", that Anne Frank knows her stuff. Things get bad, and shady, and miserable, but it will not always be that way. there is a blue sky outside, and blossoms on the trees, and PINTEREST AND MOVIES AND PARKS AND REC. so cry, be sad, be miserable, then pray, and look out your window. (even if the sky isn't blue, even if it's raining, cause rain is the best)

just make your own happiness, man. just step outside of the problem for a sec and enjoy the good that life has to offer. cause there is good.

I'm sorry this is just a jumble of cliche words that you're probably sick of hearing.

actually I'm not sorry. so there!

Happy conference weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




2 comments:

  1. Thank you, you gem. Nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Holly Doll. You are very wise. And you expressed your thoughts beautifully. I am very impressed. again. love you. carry on.

    ReplyDelete