2.26.2014

Internship Ramblings

Once upon a time, I don't even remember what I used to blog about before this whole cancer situation! I'll need to think of some good material. for now, I want to tell you about my internship.

I could not be any happier with where I am doing my internship, folks. I am incredibly blessed to be where I am, with the people I'm with! I work with two different docs, Dr. B and Dr. W. one on Tuesday, one on Thursday. I work alongside two different nurses, too. (mama) April and Vicki.
I really love this whole set-up, because the two doctors are sooo different, and so are the nurses. when I say different, I mean to say that they have different styles of doing just about everything. (and different personalities, although they're all GREAT) This means I get to learn a range of ways to do various things around the office, and kinda just feel out whatever is comfortable for ME. ya know?

I'm learning a lot, and it's so nice to not dread the week ahead of me. I never dread going to work, and you guys! It's even unpaid!! ha. It helps so much that I am told on the DAILY how appreciated I am, and most everyone there has endless patience with the little ol' noob here. And not to sound dumb, but it also helps that the people I work closely with know the situation with my mom, so they're always asking how she's doing and how I'm doing. It's so great to have that support in a different place.

It's SO TRUE what they say, that you'll learn ten times more in the office than in school. Sure, pass-offs helped with getting a feel for things, but boy did they not stick! I love learning when I go.
I did my first shot yesterday, on a wee little baby that didn't even cry that much!

ok I'M DONE RAMBLING NOW. now like I say to everyone, if you go to Cherry Tree, make sure you go on a Tuesday or Thursday so I can see your pretty face ;) (and be really good at not telling anyone, not even my mom, that I saw you cause confidentiality and what not. good on me)

That's all for now! I'm gonna try and come back and tell you what crafty shenanigans I've been up to lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment