10.12.2013

15 Jane Austen quotes you can relate to, or love. or both.


The truth, my children, is this. Jane Austen was a girl, a normal girl, just like you and me. really, she was. and even though it was 1813, there is wisdom in her books that is so relatable even today!

So relatable. like, I can't count how many times I've met a guy at a ball who I loathed and then went on vacation and visited his house because it's a museum pretty much and saw him and he confessed his love for me in the pouring rain and I rejected him then later realized I was wrong about him and then we ended up confessing our love to one another in a field in the English countryside where I live at sunrise and he said he was bewitched by me. I GET IT ALL THE TIME.

no, in all seriousness though, here are 15 quotes that prove that even though times and technology change, the humans of the world ---for the most part--- do not. (some of these are just plain good, rather than relatable)

1.  "A lady's imagination is very rapid, it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment" - P & P 
         Guilty.

2.  "I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal"
        "Dang it I like that dude"

3.  "Angry people are not always wise" - P & P
         Let's add hungry to that one.

4.  "Ah! there is nothing like staying home for real comfort" 
         hashtag: introvert

5.  "Friendship is certainly the finest balm for the pangs of disappointed love"
         Thankfully I'm almost always on the receiving end.

6.  "What are men compared to rocks and mountains?" -P & P
        Utah.

7.  "It isn't what we say or think that defines us, but what we do." - Sense & Sensibility 
         The makers of Batman were apparently Jane Austen fans.

8.  "Think only of the past as it's remembrance gives us pleasure" - P & P

9.  "What strange creatures brothers are!"
          They've always been weird, and no it's not just yours.

10.  "If I could but know his heart, everything would be easy!" -Sense & Sensibility 
          RIGHT? we humans need to learn to just say what we're thinking. good heavens.

11. "A girl likes to be crossed a little in love now and then. It gives her something to think of." -P & P
          True story! sometimes it's just fun to stalk love someone from afar.

12.  "Stupid men are the only ones worth knowing, after all" 
          That's because there is no other type of man. OH BURN. not relatable, just funny.

13.  "Perhaps it is our imperfections that make us perfect for one another" - Emma
       Mr. Knightly WOULD say this because he is dreamy. 

14.  "We are all fools in love" - P & P

15.  "Men are put into the world to teach women the law of compromise." 
         She was a genius, that Jane.


There you have it! I love reading/watching Jane Austen and being like "HA! that is so me."
For just about the best Jane Austen pinboard (and every other sort of board) click here! My pretend Aunt Megan should get paid for pinning. haha.

Happy Saturday!
Stay amiable.

1 comment: