7.16.2013

Smile & Compiment & Be kind

Today at work, me and a couple other compliance agents were asked to listen to a certain amount of calls, other than our usual. these calls were 1. outbound, so the agents were calling people (basically telemarketers) and 2. on the "not interested list"
So all of these calls were of the customer rejecting the agent.
You'd think that would be sucky, right? You'd think all of those customers would be rude, yell, and hang up.
SUCH WAS NOT THE CASE!
I think I only had one or two calls where the customer was rude, all the rest were SO nice.
Like, we're talking relief society president nice. like "Ohhh, I don't think I'm interested but thank you so much for calling!"
WAY nicer than you would think a person would act towards someone with a big speech about a real estate conference.
It heightened my faith in humanity. Something as small as someone kindly rejecting a telemarketer, made me believe there are a lot of good people out there.
I looked up the area code... Oregon & Washington. OBVIOUSLY. So, needless to say, my desire to live up in there grew with my faith in humanity.

Lately I've been trying this thing where instead of keeping compiments to strangers to myself, I say them out loud. Like the girl at Target with the perfect curly hair, or the mom with the cute kid.
People aren't going to be like "oookay freako get away from me now"
Cause I for sure don't think that when strangers compliment me!
They'll be happy.
So you should try it.
Be brave, even if it's just smiling at someone instead of the usual avoiding eye contact.

Be kind. It could make their day. 

1 comment: