4.12.2013

A Collection of Life

 no you guys, those are real prescription glasses. I'm not just wearing fake glasses. why would I wear fake glasses? step off.




You know that super cliche saying, "Every picture tells a story"? WELL IT IS TRUE YOU GUYS!
I think that's why I adore these photos. Because they hold so much meaning and history. They tell a real real real story. I'm always like, "K WHOA what was that photographer thinking? how did they get that picture? yada yada".
The photos show personalities, all different kinds. they show emotion. they tell you the thoughts of these people.
I have no clue when I decided to collect LIFE magazine, and I have no clue what I'm going to do with them. I try to be picky, as to not become a hoarder. ya know?
collecting is fun, people.those are all of my magazines, but I have MANYYY more books like that one.
photos are fun.
to see my favorites, go here, here, and here.
aaaand here are some of my recent favorites right here and now!



{after hearing the news of President Kennedy's assassination}


  This is actually probably in my top 3. Edward Clark, the photographer, was lined up against "The Little White House" with about 130 other photographers, so that they could all get good shots of the casket of FDR as it came by. Edward heard an accordion start to play behind him, so he looked back and snapped the picture. He was the only one who noticed.

and there you have it, my obsession, and collection, with LIFE.

3 comments:

  1. brilliant. LIFE is incredible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this. Love, love, love it. The post, the pictures, and the subject! Huge fan of old photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is that guy in the middle of the air and his he about to die? Also, you have to listen to Killing Kennedy when I'm done- it's so great.

    ReplyDelete