1.07.2013

to be happy

The holidays were great, but I really think they put me in a weird, dizzy, non-creative funk where I couldn't blog normally and without a subject. Don't worry, I'm back!
Today, I felt like, was my first actual day back at work and school. and guys, I lived and I didn't even end up crying at the end of the day! I think this is what made the difference:
I made a decision that if I want to be completely happy, I need to grow closer to the Lord. And in order to do that, I need to get into an actual HABIT of reading my scriptures. I have never ever ever been good at that, I'll just confess that right now. But I'm like, man. I know I could be so happy all the time if I just read my scripts. because really the happiest people I know, are those people that are read faithfully. Especially my bff jess. I mean, I see her scary side too, but she is generally a happy person, and I know it's got a lot to do with the fact that she reads her scriptures faithfully every night, and she is strong in the Gospel. what a gal.
I do consider myself to be strong in the Gospel, as I've shared experiences and insights on this here blog! but yes. moral of the story, I know reading my scriptures every morning will make me a happier person. which right now, is what I happen to need!

So last night, I thought, "ok Imma wake up, read my scriptures, and listen to this awesome playlist that I am making right now while I get ready for the day."
and guys IT WORKED! I had a lovely day.
Here is the playlist. because seriously you want it I promise. (the starred ones are necessary)
*1. Come On Eileen (Dexy's Midnight Runners)
*2. Here Comes the Sun (The Beatles)
3. Way to the Future (Katie Herzig)
*4. Walkin' on Sunshine (Katrina)
*5. It's a Great Day to be Alive (Travis Tritt)
6. How Sweet It Is (Michael Buble' version)
7. Ain't  No Mountain High Enough (Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell)
8. Signed, Sealed, Delivered (Stevie Wonder)
9. Lets Go to the Mall (Robin Sparkles.((true story)))
10. Dancin' in the Moonlight (King Harvest)

hey! you're welcome!
Also. I would like my instagram and twitter followers to know that half the things I say are said iwth sarcasm and me trying to be funny, especially when referring to Harry Potter. I am a huge fan of being overly-dramatic and over-the-top. like that time I got my blood drawn, and I was like "OHHH IT HURRTTSS!!! AHHH GET IT OFF!" but it really only hurt a little bit.

we come from a long line of overreactors. (and over exaggerators for fun)


No comments:

Post a Comment