1.29.2013

snow day

So I tried to go to school today. Yeah, in all of the dumping snow, I decided to just suck it up and try, knowing that if the freeway was too horrific I could just take the next exit and I'd be safe on slow ground. I got all ready, got ma lunch packed, expecting to get to school.
you know how when you're there driving through all the hellish slush that papa winter threw up, going 60 mph, and another car speeds ahead of you, slush splashes onto your windshield, and you can't see a dang thing for 5 terrifying seconds? well two of these incidents in half a mile was enough to get me off the freeway to try for State street. (my heart was beating out of my chest, guys)
wrongo, State street was just as bad, if not worse. It would have taken me two hours to get to Thanksgiving point. So I headed back down south towards good ol' homie home with the justification that I really did TRY to go to school, and failed.

Instead, the Navasards took me in for a couple hours of board games. thank goodness for them!
then I went home and took a nap, then I went to work and it was a good day!

I love snow. it's beautiful. but it needs to be gone by the end of February. (see? I'm allowing some leeway, P-wint.)

Just when I was having an attack of AM I GONNA HAVE A GOOD DAY EVER AGAIN?
it happened.

happy Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. Hahah an attack of AM I GONNA HAVE A GOOD DAY EVER AGAIN? That happened to me today! So hopefully... well, it's only 8:30 so maybe that day will even be today. But I'm not counting on it.

    And it is horrifying when a huge truck throws slush on your little car. Horrifying.

    ReplyDelete