10.06.2012

an exciting day

My news feed is EXPLODING. how about yours? :)If you know me, you know I get annoyed when everyone has the same facebook status. but this one? no way. I am SO happy to see all of the rockin' and worthy women making these incredible choice. It tells me I have awesome friends! I'm stoked for the Gospel. The MTC will need to double it's size, and China better buckle their seatbelts.

As for me,
My whole life, I have known that being a wife and mother is my mission, helping people in day-to-day life, is my mission. I am 100% comfortable with it, and it's not going to change.
I am most definitely not saying I'll be getting married and having babies within the year and a half I could be on a mission!! no way jose.
I know I could go on a mission, and be all of that good stuff above, but I feel so good about where I am in my life right now. Where I'm going to school, what my career plan is, everything feels right.
I have complete faith that it's what I'm supposed to do.

I'm hoping I know I'm not the only girl who hasn't decided to take this huge leap, and for those of you who are like me, and still haven't changed your mind, you need to know that it is A-OK.
This is not a commandment, so do. not. feel. pressure.It is completely personal thing, between you and the Lord.
It's hard not feel a little left out, and it's hard knowing you'll be saying goodbye to those best girlfriends you thought you'd be hangin' with until you were hitched and had a bun in the oven. It's extra weird, and extra extra great! 
(FUTURE HUSBAND: BE WARNED. We will not be getting married without the presence of Jessica Lynn Russell, so HOLD ON TO THAT RING)

This is going to be hard. and strange. but I'm proud. and when I think about the friends that will be leaving, I need to remember the friends that will be here still. especially my sisters, and the rest of my family. the most important friends I have.

I am so grateful. SO GRATEFUL for the Gospel, and the peace it brings.
I'm proud of EVERYONE. the boys too.
The church is true. 
I can't wait to serve a mission with my sweetie poo when we is old and adorable.

Happy Conference weekend!


7 comments:

  1. Love love love! My thoughts exactly! I've never felt prompted to go, but I'm so excited for all these lovely girls who now have the opportunity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Holly--I don't know you, but I came across this blog from a mutual friend. I would just like to let you know that this post was an answer to my prayers. This entire day I was feeling increasingly more sad, when everyone else was getting more and more excited and happy. I felt terrible and inadequate. I didn't understand why I felt the way I did, and I felt guilty for not immediately wanting to go on a mission. I wondered if feeling like a mission wasn't right for me was wrong.
    So, thank you. Thank you for putting out there exactly what I was thinking and exactly what I didn't know I was thinking. I believe you posting this was seriously a tender mercy in my life. Every word you said was something I was dealing with. I felt so alone, but you made me realize that I am not the only girl that feels that way. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I cannot possibly put into words what this has meant to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the two comments above, this post was awesome. I think letting girls know that they don't need to go until they feel ready, or at all, is really important. It's a whole different ball game for each girl. You are being an awesome example :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Holly,

    I just stumbled upon your blog via Pinterest. This is such a great post. I'm 25 but several years ago when all my friends and I were turning 21 the mission question was a big one. My three best friends all chose to serve missions while I did not. Just as sure as they were about their own decisions I too was sure about mine. I was and still am so proud of them. It was really hard being the one "left behind" but every time I started to feel bad about myself I would try to remember that Heavenly Father and I both knew a mission wasn't going to be a part of my life. It's really important for girls to know that deciding to go on a mission is a very personal choice between you and Heavenly Father. Thanks for sharing your feelings and testimony!

    ~Clarissa
    westhawthorneplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly. My dearest friend. You are such a blessing in my life. I have been having SUCH a hard day, because I simply feel so inadequate, because I didn't feel that instant desire to leave. Thank you for letting me know that it's "A-OK", because that is exactly what I need to hear. I'm proud of the girls that had said that they will go, but I also have to wonder at the same time, have they really thought through everything that a mission entails? Who knows...but anyways, thanks for this Hols. You are such a blessing to me! Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're awesome Holly, and you have already proven you can be a missionary in every day life. It's obvious from the many people who have read this post and have been touched by your faith and strength in following God's plan for you! And isn't that what it's really all about?

    P.S. I totally thought of you during one talk in particular and I think you'll know which one . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Holly,
    I really don't know how i stumbled upon your blog, or this post in particular, but i am so glad that i did! I feel exactly the same way you do, and i'm glad that there are still people who see that being a wife and a mother is as honorable as a mission.I feel like my prayers have been answered through you. Thanks for your testimony and strength. Keep up the awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete